Tuesday 26 May 2009

33 Years Old

My first birthday abroad :)
The weather has changed dramatically here, some days have been extremely hot.
Took this pic on the way to work today - lots of green, and the roads are being swept and cleaned up by the officials.
Sent a late e-mail out around the office inviting people over for curry and beer :)
There was a good response, I never though our sofa could accommodate so many people...
We had Jax, Wendy, Mel, Dave, Bob, Maggie, Jon, Jess and Sawler.
Jon and Jess surprised me and made my day, Kath and I had already bought our presents (BBQ and outside table/chairs) but there was something I wanted, but never mentioned. I looked it up on the Internet to find it was discontinued, so I never bothered to tell anyone. Somehow though these guys, not only had some intuition or something, but they found it in the local comic book store - Talisman - Upgrade :)
We've been playing Talisman a bit over here and people are enjoying it, so now I have the upgrade pack for the 4th edition I can get the expansions.
It was a nice evening, having everyone round and the curry was well received, thanks Auntie Jay for teaching Kath how to make it - we're out of cumin now though... bad times :(

No comments: