Wednesday 6 May 2009

Update

Haven't blogged for a while, although have some pictures of stuff.

Weather is changing rapidly around here, grass is springing up, it's really hot, then cold, sunny, then rainy.
Been working and learning Flash still, and Kath has been making new friends and going to various activities.

But that's about it, the sense of a normal life is returning - I think I'm putting on weight again... with Kath's cooking :)
Weekends have been a bit hectic and seem to fly by as we 'seem' to have lots to do.
Oh, yeah - my UK TV broke, the power went, so we had to fix that and then Walmart do an awesome thing, of letting you buy anything and take it back, no questions asked, within 90 days (30 days for TVs and the like).
So we bought a TV for $460 whilst our one got repaired, took the ONE guy on PEI, Gallant Electrical, who can fix LCDs over a week to fix, but it only cost $130, as opposed to buying a new HD TV for $800!
We then took the Walmart one back and got a full refund :), I did this in March also, I bought one, and then when my UK TV arrived took it back... it's like renting something.. but for free :)
Gotta love Walmart, they have pathetic prices on things.

Oh, double yeah, we bought each other our birthday presents, I bought Kath some garden furniture and she bought me a BBQ - at a pathetically low price.

Today I had 2 fresh corn on the cobs for breakfast on the BBQ.
Sobeys are doing another stupid thing, selling fresh corn for 75c each and doing a deal which is buy 6m get 6 free... so I got 12!!! for less than $4.50 - that's less than £3.00!!! for 12 corn on the cobs...!!!!
And the Farmers Market was selling Lobster for $5 per lb, as it's Lobster season now.. Glen, my landlord bought 4 whole, fresh, live and just cooked for him lobsters for $20!!!
It's ridiculous!!!
Preposterous!

No comments: