Wednesday 29 April 2009

Flash

My next project looks to be using Flash and Action Script, so I've been learning that all this week.
Last year I had to teach a bit of this to my 2nd year students.
I had no books, or time for it, so I dished out a couple of tutorials and let them get on with it. It wasn't 100% necessary (i.e. the subject wasn't Flash :) ), it was animation, and it seemed like a good tool.
I never thought I'd be using it again. Figured it was an artists tool.

But, from what I've seen it's actually quite nice. Very easy to program with - the API is very complete, and rather than crash, your program will just run - abnormally.
It's difficult to debug though and sits VERY high level, taking me right away again from the deeper core programming. But it should make for quick development, and quick results.

As it's something I've never done, I'm happy to learn it and think it'll be fun.

No comments: