Thursday 9 April 2009

Life So Far...

To the boy, it's time to wake up, and play at 7:00am.
Weather he goes to bed at 8:00pm or 1:00am, he'll still get up, dead on time. This is the way of things.
The other night he went to bed at 2:30am, and got up promptly at 7:00am.
The trouble is, that he's forgotten one vital component here... called... timezones.
7:00am, is actually 3:00am here in Canada.

Imagine my joy at having been reunited with my family. Now imagine my pain, as the pair of them get up to start play, shower, play, general chit chat, play, breakfast, play and what they consider 'loves' and 'huggles with Daddy'... all taking place in the timezone that is GMT.

I do love them... I think :)

However my first project is in it's final week. I already took a day off this week, and it's Good Friday tomorrow. I have been woken at 'stupid O'Clock' now for the past 2 nights and am more knackered than when I was behaving as a dirty stop out!

Knackered!

Neither Kath nor Hayden are adjusting well to the timezone. Strangely I suffered no jet lag at all, although I do remember having it bad on the last trip I made to Canada back in 2001, to Toronto. They are now, both crashed out and 'soundo' upstairs again at just 10:00pm.

Kath couldn't even make it through Lost.

Hayden's doing better, I'm keeping him up late so that he will start to sleep in a bit later. Today he managed to stay until 6:00am our time, which is better than a kick in the Nads.

Hopefully it'll be similar tonight, hopefully a bit later, and then he'll be back into his 7:00am routine (but at least at GMT-4).

Kath has landed and in just two days changed most of the house (for the better), and found space where I thought there was none. It's taken me weeks to try to get it in any sort of order, and just two days is better than what I managed - all hail The Wife!

Well we'll get some picture up this weekend as we're going walkabout, and next week we may rent a car and go for a jolly around the island.

Swimming tomorrow.

Monday I'm back at work and Tuesday is our final deadline for the current project. It's called Gold Master, and is when our project should be ready to go up on the App Store for the iTouch and iPhone. So it'll be pretty intense I think on Monday.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Great to see you all back together and you made it through without too much damage to your sanity. Hope Kath and Hayden had a good trip. Hope the project went well. It was good to see Kath and Hayden on Sunday. Really pleased they could fit us in as I know it was a busy time - although Kath seemed remarkably calm considering.

Time for you to learn how to live there all over again.

You all take care ;)
Have fun Jonathan, Nina and Ursula