Saturday 31 January 2009

The House

Today I woke up to the wife calling at about 8:30am. Could have done with more kip as I'd had such a rough night, but getting up was good. Anyway I think I have sort of sorted the heating. I think I just had the temperature too low, about 14C. I stuck it up to 30C, need some work on this, it's now BOILING in here, and I'm sure is costing a lot to keep it this hot – too hot – all day. The fan keeps coming on and is very noisy, so there must be more to it, however at least I'll be warm tonight.


Here's some pictures of the house I took this morning. I went to the basement and found an old chair which I cleaned up and using the shoe rack as a table.


There's a nice big hallway.



Very good size fridge and freezer. The kitchen unit are a bit cack, they are hand built and need a good scrub :)



The cooker is gas - woot!, it's got a Nice bi oven, but sadly no grill... will have to invest in a George Foreman and a toaster.... and a rotisserie...


As you can see I'm living with my mess tins for camping at the moment, don't want to buy lots of pans etc. as it's all on it's way over.



This is taken from the main living room, nice open plan into the hallway and stairs. The only bad thing about this room is the lack of decoration, it's like they were starting to strip the paint to restore it to natural wood - the stairs look like they've been done, they're very nice, but this room still has bare stripped wood with flecks of paint giving an unfinished feel to it. I'm not bothered by this anymore though. One window is slightly open - bad times as it's -5C out, I have packed it with plastic bags and some foam I found in the cellar, no draft now - I think it's frozen shut at the moment, will probably have to wait for the thaw before it will close proper :)



The 'master' bedroom. Not quite as big as the other bedroom, but has en suite to the bathroom


The bathroom has been done up recently, nice tiles and new, clean sink, toilet and bath. Though that towel rail is pantz! The walls are all plasterboard or dry wall. As such nearly every fitting is loose and falling off the wall :) That's the last time I'll hang 2 towels on it, that's for sure!

There's a nice utility room next to the bathroom with washer and dryer. I have bought some Tide,ready for when Kath gets here to do my washing :)

This is the other bedroom, Hayden's room. Though we may have to take this instead as for some reason there is NO HEATING at all pumped into here! \0/
The fact that I had it on 30C and the doors open, means it's now warm enough in there, but if the door is closed over, then it'll get very cold. Will speak to Glen about this, but doubt he'll install heating to it if he hasn't already.
However we don't pay for electric, it's included in the rent, so I'll probably get an electric radiator or something and rack up the electricity bill - not having Hayden freeze in here.

Lastly, the porch. This is very large, large enough in fact to store our bikes which is very pleasing.

No comments: