Sunday 1 February 2009

Walkabout

Went walkabout yesterday afternoon to get my bearings and took some photos along the way. Obviously stopped and asked people where certain things are. People here are sooo friendly and they just want to chat. I can't count now how many people know why I'm here, who I'm working for and that I have a 2 1/2 year old (that's the best age apparently, according to random strangers) coming out in Easter..
Everyone keeps smiling at me, and are only too happy to help with bags, they even walk you to places, not just point and grunt!!

Well I think I can get to the studio in less than 10 minutes by foot, but what's really good, is that EVERYTHING is in this area,all within 10 minutes, restaurants, take-aways, bars, coffee shop, laundromats, petrol station, garage, town hall, electrical shops, supermarkets - all here!
There are some bigger malls up the road about 2-3 miles walk, may head there today.

Anyway, here's some pictures of Charlottetown and what I did yesterday.

The house, in the daytime :)


On the way to work, houses on Euston St.



This is the Atlantic Technology Centre where Other Ocean is situated, upstairs. The corner of the building at street level you may just be able to see a sign that say 'On Air', there are 2 radio stations here and the DJs are doing there thing, looking out onto the street, and they wave at you and make faces as you walk by :)


Reminds me of the Hill Valley Clocktower, this is some important building, like the town hall or something.



Standard...
I'll check this place out some other time, it's right opposite Beanz, which is right near the studio :)

My humble abode, this is last nights dinner, I went to Sobeys supermarket which was much further than I expected and took me over 30 minutes to walk back carrying back at -3C. I was knackered so just made some quick Stag chili and rice.
I'm currently able to 'piggy back' off of some body's WiFi, which is why I'm now able to blog and chat to Kath and Hayden, which is nice.
I've ordered my own phone, cable and 15 mb broadband bundle which will be installed on Friday morning. Until then I seem to be able to use this, but it is temperamental.

Here I am, last night at about 9:30pm, adding and updating the blog before I release it to you lot to read :)


And it started to snow...


No comments: