Thursday 5 March 2009

The Beginning...

... of our new home in Canada.

Thankfully the lads came round, good to their word, and pretty much worked their butts off. Ryan helped build out Argos dresser downstairs to put stuff in. We messed it up a couple of times and had to un-screw things and waste time, bu at least we had beer :)
Matt helped me build our brand new oak wardrobe upstairs and whilst we were doing that (which took well over an hour I think.. really heavy and awkward... poxy allen keys, grrrr.
Whilst we did that JR had the unenviable task of sorting out the kitchen.

Matt got stuck in the wardrobe with his sides splitting, after I joked about this pub quiz that we'd been to on Tuesday night :)
Standard pub quiz gag... "What... and I'll repeat that question... Who, was the first person to land on the moon".
We didn't even finish until about 12:30-1:00am, and then manage to kick back with some beer, 5 cheeseburgers and a Shisa :)
JR did a sterling job on the Kitchen, I was amazed - he somehow managed to put it all away and I now have tons of cupboard space - this was one area that I just didn't know where to start, so I'm glad he sorted it out.

YESSSSS!!!!... Customs did not confiscate my sword :)

Our new sofa... as modelled by an Indian with contact lenses.... and a sword.

It was nice to have friends around and chill out here instead of at the bar getting wasted. I had Metal and Trance playing and a comfortable environment at last.
I'm watching American Idol at the moment and have been updating the last couple of posts with photos, and it's just nice to be in and sat on a sofa.
Good news is my UK TV seems to be working fine. It's dual voltage and I have the input from my Eastlink HD box going though HDMI, and even the normal broadcasts are working. I have my surround sound system set up and running off of a 300W max step-down transformer.
Also, I have the heating set at 21 degrees and it's warm now that the house is full, it's been costing a fortune for the past few week heating the empty rooms, I need them on 25.
I've been dumb actually, as I've been out so much I should have had the heating down much lower, but of course I never, ever intended on being out so much.
The house here has a decent timer that I can have come on in the morning and the evening at different temperatures, so... dumb really. At least now I don't even need it as high, and will try to stay in more as it's comfortable.
So, when I have the place a bit tidier, probably complete this as best as possible over the weekend, I'll update with pics.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey matey

The blog is ace, only just got round to reading it. Your new life there looks great. Much more interesting blog than my moving blog would have been (had I bothered doing one!). No icebergs here. How did you get UK TV? Is it through the net?

Unknown said...

No idea why my google username is Dylan by the way. Obviously it is Peter!