Sunday 22 March 2009

The Thaw...

The snow has started to thaw out now.
The weather has been quite warm, although it sometimes says -5C out, I'm able to walk to work with no gloves or hat and my jacket open!
On Thursday I took my camera in and took some pictures of what it's like now.
Although the snow is slowly meting and it hasn't snowed in well over a week, what was there is no pretty much solid ice.
My early picture in early February showed me putting my foot into over a foot of snow.
If you take a look to the left of the photo below you'll see a big white mound of snow in front of the house. Well in February, I could kick that and it'd fly up in a cloud of powdery snow. Today if I kick that, it's like kicking a brick wall!
But as you can see the weather has gotten very nice, clear blue skies, very crisp and fresh air - it's an awesome feeling walking to work, very refreshing.


Below is the interchange on Euston and University. That massive mound of ice has accumulated there since the first fall, that restaurant in the back piles it all up there from the car park.
You should see the big shops, like the supermarkets. The hills are SO large, that I thought they were actually hills - I mean like 20 feet high or more. It turns out, they're just pure snow and ice. Underneath is actually more car parking spaces, the diggers pile it up there to clear the main car park.


Now the snow has melted from our roof top in the Atlantic Technology Centre, I'm able to go out on the deck above.
This would be great in summer, to chill out here at lunch and have BBQ, but it seems that we may be moving buildings in May, so I may never get to enjoy this area proper :(

This is a shot of the big church. it's very peaceful up here, much like all rooftops :)

Just a nice photo :)

No comments: