Sunday 1 February 2009

I was having such a nice time walking about and seeing this place that I carried on and went to the west side of Charlottetown.
There is a museum there and this tank was outside, looking rather foreboding. Nobody around... just a big tank!

Here's the arty shot of the day, that of the main gun or cannon

This is also frozen sea, stretching across to the Cornwall area of PEI.

I tried to cross this mound of snow and ice to get past those tress where I could see a path. It looked safe, I mean there are trees right? So it must be on land.
It was.
However, I had no idea that the snow was THAT DEEP... about 2 feet or something, my right foot plunged down and got stuck. It took 2 twists and some panic to pull it free.

I decided that walking across deep snow was a silly idea, and turned back.

Here's proof of how deep it was, although this area was across the car park. I can't really show the scale here, but those foot holes are about a 12 inches deep, and there's still snow beneath that.

2 comments:

Kat said...

MAMOUTH FEET!!! are they really yours!

Doucha said...

Yep, it all cae in around you as you walk