Thursday 5 February 2009

New Stuff

I finally got to Canadian Tire, and discovered that they ain't got much of what I wanted, but Walmart did. Got a decent TV and a cheap phone ready for my installation of Cable/Phone and Broadband tomorrow morning.


It's a shame, this morning when I walked to work the snow was piled about 5-6 feet high - sometimes even taller than me, and the main street, University Avenue (the view where I took the picture f the Confederation Hall) had about 4 feet of snow piled up in the middle, making two lanes.
A police car even got stuck on a high bit. I wished I had my camera, and thought, no matter I'll take a pic tomorrow. Lo and behold, by lunch time the WHOLE road was cleared!


I saw them doing on a side road, massive tractors picking up loads of snow and dumping it into tons of lorries (it looked like a scene from Die Hard 3, same sort of trucks, but instead of stealing loads of gold, they were hauling snow away). Streets are clear...

Anyway Here's some stuff I bought.
Some shopping, but I still have a ton more to do at other places.

Finally - an electric kettle!! Yay, only $12.


No this next one was a FIND. I have been complaining to Kath all week that I have this chair I found in the basement which is rusty and shite, and has no feet. It's dented the floor I think, even though I tried to pad the feet, so I needed a chair. She said no :(


Bad times...


However i could not let this Gaming Chair, which has rumble and sound built in pass me by. Once cable is installed tomorrow I'll be comfortable at last.
And Kath,you don't need to worry about the money, it was a steal at just $50!!, that's like £30, don't know what was wrong with it .

Good times...

Not all good though, turned on my Xbox to face the Red Rings Of Death!
Upon checking the power I found that frickin' Micro$oft have only given a 240v transformer, not dual voltage! I hope it hasn't damaged my Xbox, now I'll have to go hunt down a US style transformer :(

No comments: