Sunday 1 February 2009

The sea is frozen

Went for another walkabout today, but not to find shops etc. to... 'sight see'
What a glorious place. I walked down to the harbour, whee I discovered the sea to be frozen.
It was -8C out, but it didn't feel as cold as it does sometimes in the UK when it's -2/3C, maybe because the snow is around? Definitely because the sun was out!
Very sunny and hot, but clearly misguidedly cold - my beard froze at one point.

Anyway I took TONS of pictures I can only really upload the highlights, and I ended up in 'Doolys', a pool bar where the Other Ocean staff hang out. I needed to meet Glen here at the house to go over some things, at 6pm, but a couple of the locals had try to buy me beer in order to stay, and I was told I have to go back to watch the SuperBowl.

Gotta start work in the morning, was going to go back, back too tired now, a 10 minute walk in -10C now is too much. Apparently though the Other Ocean staff have a pool league that they are playing in tomorrow night and the barmaid told me I have to go to be a sub as they always need subs... sounds like a pool league!

Anyway, pictures without explanation, I don't think they need words really.

Oh and by the way - that big expanse of flat snow, is not large fields.... it's the sea!

It's frozen.




Actually a comment... here's my frozen beard...












No comments: